Fitness, games, music, food—and more! Our third annual Family Fit Fair is GSGLA’s premier fall kick-off event. We’re so excited to welcome nearly a thousand Girl Scouts, family members, and friends to El Dorado East Regional Park on Saturday, Oct. 8. That’s because Family Fit Fair isn’t just about being active and healthy—it’s also a celebration of sisterhood and back-to-troop! But time’s running out to register. Sign up today before our Sept. 22 deadline!
So what’s in store for participants? You can hit the pavement for our fitness challenge, hula hoop by the center stage, and even enjoy tasty treats (food trucks will be on-site). But that’s not all! Here are five awesome reasons to register for Family Fit Fair:
- Run or walk the 5K/2K challenge course in a costume. Get started today planning your troop’s costume theme! (Not to mention Halloween is right around the corner.) Check out our running costume ideas on our Pinterest board. Tag your troop pictures with #FamilyFitFair and we could feature you and your sister Girl Scouts on our social media pages! (Take a look at our photo album from last year’s Family Fit Fair.)
- Speaking of costumes – you’ll want to purchase a superhero cape at our on-site GSGLA store! We’ll also be selling sports-themed gear, along with other Girl Scout items brought in especially for the event.
- Super stuntwoman Katelyn Brooke is our emcee! Katelyn’s acted and performed stunts in a wide variety of productions, including CSI: Cyber, The Other Wife, and the upcoming HBO show Westworld. She’s also a trained boxer and former member of a hip-hop dance crew—talk about multi-talented!
- Earn the Go the Distance patch. Family Fit Fair fulfills one of the requirements for this walking and fitness program. Get fit, have fun, and receive a limited edition patch! Girls will also receive a pedometer to track their progress. (Keep in mind—you have to register for Go the Distance before the event.)
- Still trying to “catch ‘em all”? You just might find a Pokémon or two (or more!) hanging out around El Dorado East Regional Park, where the event is being held.
And there are plenty of other reasons to attend Family Fit Fair. Sign up before the Sept. 22 deadline*, and join your sister Girl Scouts for a day of fitness and fun, rolled into one!
* There is no on-site registration—so don’t wait until it’s too late!